CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Starting to get the room together...finally!!

I will have a before picture soon (my mom took one and she needs to send it to me) of the room prior to my mom coming down and KICKING BUTT last weekend. Our 'spare room' (aka 'catch all room') is now Gus's bedroom. My mom came down last weekend on Wednesday night. After 2 truck loads to goodwill and a truck load to the dump, His room is cleaned out and we are now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The room was all white, but after cleaning out the boxes, we painted the lower part dark blue and have now installed a light blue chair rail around the room for character :o) We have decided to go with the "CountrySide" theme from Babies R Us, and it's just amazing what a valance and blue paint can do! We are currently just waiting on carpet to be installed so that we can finish the base board trim and door trim. Once those are in, the furniture can FINALLY be put in!!! It's getting so close!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW you are so lucky to have your mom to enjoy this time with and share this time with you, i envy you so much, i wished i had been able to share mine with a mommy too :) This looks very good so far, i hope your feeling good too, love Linda :)

Hyser Family said...

Love the room. The colors are great. By the way -- I'm giving the swing this last try. It matches my pack'n'play, so I kind of want to make it work. What can I say -- I'm attached to it. And I might be in denial that I got burnt. :)