CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 01, 2010

New month resolution...


Wow, has it really been that long? I can't believe that my last post was that many months ago, but I am going to change that. This month I am going to make a resolution to blog at least twice a week! Now that the kids are actually home from their whirlwind vacation, pictures are going to be a lot easier to take :o)

To update on us...
Abi started the 1st grade on Sept 7th. Her teacher is Ms. Baker and she loves it. She has a few different people in her class then last year, so it's been fun to watch the class dynamic and 'best friends' change. We are still able to see a few friends that moved away over the summer, so that is great as well!

Gus is just growing like a weed. He is much bigger then any little 2 1/2 year old I have met. He is ALL boy though. Climbing things, jumping off of things. Just pretty much anything that is destructive! He still has a good time during dress up and tea party with sissy though!

John is still looking for a job. He has a few more interviews this past month. Pretty sad since he has been on unemployment for over a year, but at least it is looking up! Hopefully one of these prospective jobs will work and it will be a perfect fit.

I am still working at West Hills. I now am the lovely owner of a medication aide license and am loving my new job title. It's a lot less stress on my body, but my mind is what gets stressed out now. I also like the fact that I get to spend time with every resident in my wing without feeling like I've got 6 other people to do massive care on. I have a meeting on October 6th at Mt. Hood College for information about their new part-time nursing program that starts in November. This program takes a few extra terms, but is geared towards working parents with families. I am very excited about this since I will still have to work while going to nursing school. I am really hoping to start taking a class in the winter term. I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Aunt Becki said...

That is great news about you fulfilling your dream of becoming a nurse. I remember those conversations we've had about what we wanted to be when we grew up. I have to say that having patience with John's job search will be the only saving grace. I was persistant and landed my new career. I'll keep you in my thoughts and well wishes for John to land that job he's meant to have. <3

McKeown Meadows said...

Its nice to see you blogging again. Love you!

Amanda said...

Hey you are slacking on your resolution. LOL Just thought I would point that out. Love ya. =)